Maturità

domenica 5 luglio 2015

Once upon a time a bank in Greece

-Good morning
-Mornin'
-I have a problem with the ATM                
-So, how i can help you...
-It doesn't work. I tried to take some cash but it seems, you know, broken
-No way
-I'm telling you, it says: service is not available
-What am I supposed to do?
-I thought you are the banker
-Mm
-And you may help me to get the cash I need
-This is not going to happen
-But I thought you get a salary in order to solve this kind of problems
-I haven't been paid since March
-Oh
-And I'm not a banker. I'm a janitor
-May I ask you something
-Go on
-What the hell are you doing here?
-What do you mean?
-I mean here, behind that counter!
-Oh, it's getting hot out there
-What?
-No more cash
-No more...and what am I supposed to do now?
-There must be a broom in that closet.


Andonis is a big solid man, but there was a moment that sunny afternoon...something inside him unexpectedly broke, just like a tiny coffee cup that falls on the ground of a night-time kitchen.
He sat down, his back against the wall. Everybody was looking at him. He broke into tears.
That bloody giant steak-that gracious doll-that summer trip-that beautiful dress-that crazy superhuman kick to the boredom's sickness...all dead and gone!
His granddaughter won't call slow-daddy him, anymore.
He cried for no reason, except for the futile ones.
Two policemen helped him to stand up, but he didn't want to. Andonis wanted to stay down, cry his fucking tears all the way, through the sunny numb street.

Yanis was trying to think about the wonderful girl he talked with last night, her see-trough blouse, her breasts close to the light woven, her hard nipples - while she was blabbing about the best way to keep her money safe, her crossed tan legs tapping a stupid rhythm...nothing seemed to work.
His wife was staring at his belly with a trembling smile, pretending to be emotionless.
That smile made him crazy. He got off her legs with a macaque snort. She knew that was the moment to say something smart, but not one decent thought crossed her mind, so she decided to take shelter in the bathroom. Yanis looked at that swinging ass already out of reach and felt a deep, infamous shiver right in the coccyx. Fuck. Tomorrow, he thought, tomorrow we will make love like in the good old times. He needed Oxygen.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento